Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wow, Is Communication Really So Difficult?

I just spent 3 days trying to coach and counsel a friend because she was going through a rough patch in her life. She has been hoping to find a great relationship and it hasn't happened. Since I know her history, I was trying to give her some very pointed advice and actions she could take.
She took it all wrong. Somehow, she misread my messages and interpreted them to say I was "fed-up" with her, and "sick & tired" of her whining. There is nothing like that in the messages so how did she come up with this?
I guess the moral of the story is: Do not coach friends or family. The people we coach should be people that are not a part of our everyday lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Weight Loss Coach Sherrie's Blog!

WELCOME EVERYONE. It is time to learn a "NEW WAY OF BEING IN THE WORLD."
I am currently trying a new way of eating (forget about that nasty "D" word!). I am following the "Schwarzbein Principle" and learning ways to focus on creativity and taking care of ME. I am currently in Body Blissmas, a program started by Jill Badonsky. As I learn to focus on healthy eating and being happy and creative, I would like to help you do the same.

Are you currently trying to lose weight?

Labels