Thursday, February 19, 2009

Meditation, Creativity & Weight Loss

"Live in each season as it passes: breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit."
Henry David Thoreau

Some of you may be wondering what meditation and creativity have to do with weight loss. Well, in a word: EVERYTHING!
Jill's programs (Body Blissmas and KMCC training) both include meditation. Since I have been guided through meditations in several venues, I had no problem doing the Guided Meditations. I personally find it more difficult to meditate on my own though I do a Mind Treatment that I wrote for myself. I also do visualizations. One is an Etheric Healing fo my weight and cholesterol issues and the other is a Growth Etheric to keep me on my creative path.
Now about CREATIVITY! I personally believe we are all on this earth for a reason, that we were put here to make a difference. Now I know I make a difference as a teacher and you parents out there certainly have made a difference by bringing a child into the world, but some of us feel a higher calling. According to Jill, when we are working toward that higher calling, we are less likely to be stuffing our feelings by eating junk that harms our body and puts on the pounds.
I mentioned that I am using the "Schwarzbein Principle" as the basis for my "NEW WAY of EATING." I don't want to confuse you or give you wrong advice so I will just mention how I have changed my diet and what that has done for me. Dr. Schwarzbein believes that low-fat and no-fat foods are making us fatter. She says the food is chemically altered in order to take out fat. Now I already had been learning about the body's need for fat and have been taking Omega 3-6-9. I also was trying to get MonoUnsaterated Fatty Acids (MUFAs) into my diet. BUT Schwarxbein believes that Cow fat, milk, meat and EVEN cream are all good for you.
I have been having vegie & cheese crustless quiche or fritatas for breakfast. Eggs are part of the Schwarzbein "diet" (diet meaning "way of eating"). The great thing is that it is actually satifying to eat this way. My husband and I are both eating less at dinner because we are satisfied. AND I have more energy and am in better spirits too!
Of course, the diet has it's difficulties. We are taking sugar and flour totally OUT of our diet. This was hard at first. But a little honey or maple syrup is allowed. I also had already given up coffee and switched to tea. The difficulty for my husband is NO RICE. In his Filipino family, he grew up having rice three times a day. I had gotten used to it too.
Jill says do it 80% of the time. My doctor says one day a week, eat whatever you want. Either way, don't beat yourself up if you don't do it perfectly. THERE'S ALWAYS TOMORROW TO DO BETTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Weight Loss Coach Sherrie's Blog!

WELCOME EVERYONE. It is time to learn a "NEW WAY OF BEING IN THE WORLD."
I am currently trying a new way of eating (forget about that nasty "D" word!). I am following the "Schwarzbein Principle" and learning ways to focus on creativity and taking care of ME. I am currently in Body Blissmas, a program started by Jill Badonsky. As I learn to focus on healthy eating and being happy and creative, I would like to help you do the same.

Are you currently trying to lose weight?

Labels